Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sisters and Love

Hello All! 

So my day was another one of those fabulous ones where all you do is be with the people you love! The bonus of it was that I even got my homework done;)

Ok so I woke up to get ready for church. I've been attending RISE for about a month and a half, the pastor is amazing and I feel like I'm learning more about God. I'm find myself seeking him more because of this church, I love it! Today was extra exciting because my little, Jess, sang a solo with the band and she was AMAZING! I had never heard her sing and I have to tell you, that girl has a voice. 

After church I headed over to E-hall for brunch with Brandi, Taylor, Rachel, Jess, Jenn, Hannah Flanders, Hayley(Jenn's housemate) and Chip(Rachel's friend from home). We had  a lovely brunch with great food, it had been awhile since I had gotten to eat for more than 15 minutes there so that was nice. 

We went to Carrier to start making Valentine's Day Cards for one of Harrisonburg's nursing homes, Sunnyside. There was about 12 of us and we made a lot of cards, like 25 or something-it was crazy. All of them were beautiful. I stayed in Carrier a little while after that with Hannah and Sarah to finish up some homework. I went on to the Fishbowl and made dinner before our weekly SAO meeting.

The meeting was probably one of the fastest ones we've ever had, it was only 35 minutes-NEW RECORD:winning! Anyway, after that we had an exec. interest meeting for the sisters who were interested in running for next years exec. I've been thinking a lot about handing over my position. It's gonna be hard to just hand over, I've kind of considered it my child over the past two years. I'm trying to work with God on that one, the ability to be able to let go, but whenever I start to think about it, I get scared. I know that God is in control and whoever becomes the next VP will be exactly where God wants them to be in SAO. I'm  comforted by the fact that I'll be here next year to see the new exec. find their places in SAO. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, I guess you could say that it'll be bittersweet:/ 
Upon arriving home we found Simba (kind of our new house cat) waiting at the door and then turned on the Grammy's, which is what I've been watching for about three hours now. The performances are a little odd **Nicki Minaj anyone? But I'm a sucker for awards shows:)



And the Valentine's festivities begin<3






 
 We have some pretty artistic people in this sorority:)


Oh dear Kaitlyn, I do love this crazy girl!


I decided to try a new Tea Latte today, thanks to Rachel for the suggestion, it was so yummy!

Hannah's guilty brownie-eating face:)

Great show, with a hint of weird...


Until next time, 
Han

No comments:

Post a Comment